CEZ operates the power distribution grid and supplies electricity to more than 2 million customers in Western Bulgaria. As a company operating in a highly regulated market with limited opportunities for investment and improvements of the grid, it was important for CEZ to have good coordination and open and active communication with local authorities. For this purpose, the company started to organize annually a series of meetings with mayors and regional governors from the 10 administrative districts in Western Bulgaria.
Our task was to organize the meetings, to support the representatives of CEZ with the necessary information materials and to organize the media communication. Our strategic approach included organizing the meetings with the help of the regional district offices in Sofia, Sofia-City, Pleven, Lovech, Kyustendil, Vidin, Vratsa, Montana, Pernik and Blagoevgrad, which provided their halls and helped the inviting of to the mayors.
During a two years period were organized 25 working meetings with representatives of local authorities – regional governors and municipal mayors – in the regions of Sofia, Sofia-city, Pleven, Lovech, Kyustendil, Vidin, Vratsa, Montana, Pernik and Blagoevgrad. During the meetings the mayors presented the problems and needs of their municipalities with regard to quality and secure power supplies. Representatives of CEZ’s top management on their hand presented the plans for investments and the modernization of the grid in the respective regions and discussed with the mayors how to best solve the problems of the separate municipalities.
- During a two years period, CEZ managers met with a total of 164 representatives of local authorities in Western Bulgaria
- The meetings enabled CEZ managers to more effectively plan the company’s investments so as to best meet the needs of the municipalities
- A direct communication line between mayors and the company was introduced
- As a result of improved communication, local authorities supported maintaining open dialogue with the company and presented their specific visions of partnership and mutual assistance
- A total of 25 press releases were sent to the relevant regional media
- Over 240 publications appeared in national and regional media.